hey friends!

It's been a really long time hasn't it...I am a slacker blogger.  There, I admitted it.  I feel better now.  I'm so busy with my little life--and the 4 hours that the girls attend preschool FLY by...Laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning up the house, walking the dog and then I have to rush off and pick up the monkeys!  And what little monkeys they are...they are almost 4 now and they are now really inquisitive--I get the "why" question literally every five minutes.  I'm also trying to supplement their sort of non-academic pre-school curiculum with teaching them at home--we are learning our numbers (this is Emma "1, 2 6, 7, 8, 9, 4" EVERY TIME)  but Lily has pretty much nailed it.  I'm trying to find them a new school but this has not been a very smooth road for me...waiting lists suck...period...
I have spent many times crying in frustration that I just want my daughters to have a good education.  And this starts very early these days...what they need to know BEFORE kindergarden is suprising. 
The biggest news is that we are putting in a swimming pool!  The permit just came today so the excavation starts tomorrow!  We are super excited as having a pool is life changing when you live in Austin...our summer started like 3 months ago and continues through November.  Hoping it will be done before Kelly, Jack and Conner come at the end of May.    Then I'm off May 30th to Seattle for my sisters babyshower :)  I'm so excited...a trip away without my kids!  WOOOOO HOOOOO!
Here are a few pictures!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi baby sissies!!!! Can't wait to see you! Also, can you please tell your mommy I would like to hire professional photographer to take pix of all of us when we come.. thanks! See you SOON!!! <3

Anonymous said...

Love these pix and miss you guys! The girls and I would love to invite ourselves up this summer! ;) Let me know if you need a photog, I have a terrific gal who's reasonably priced, and I'll bet she'd drive up.